In Sympathy to the Greenville Zoo

Today, I don't want to write this post, but I must.  I'm heartbroken over the news that Autumn, the Greenville Zoo's pregnant giraffe, gave birth to a stillborn calf.  I read the news this morning and my world stopped.

Here's the announcement posted by the Friends of the Greenville Zoo on their Facebook page:

At approximately 3:25 a.m. this morning, the Greenville Zoo’s female giraffe, Autumn, delivered a stillborn calf. Zoo staff were on-hand to monitor Autumn during the delivery. Autumn is currently doing well, but will remain off exhibit today so that she can be closely observed. A necropsy will be performed on the calf later this morning.

The community rallied to support Autumn throughout the pregnancy. We know that you are all feeling this loss. Please keep the Zoo staff in your thoughts today.


While I'm devastated, my heart turns toward the staff at the zoo.  Awaiting the birth of this giraffe was a very public, even worldwide, event just like the birth of Kiko almost two years ago.   Earlier this year, the zoo lost both of its elephants.  It's been a rough year for anyone associated with the zoo.

Please join me in an  outpouring of sympathy and love for these people whose daily purpose is to care for God's creatures.  Also, pray for them and for the health of Autumn.

May God bless the zoo staff and everyone worldwide who cares for his animals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Tone: Describing Your Characters

Character Development: Using the Johari Window

Should Christians Watch The Hunger Games?