Reflections on 2014

© Barbara V. Evers, All rights reserved.
We're almost one week into the year 2015, and like so many of you, I've been reflecting on 2014. Many of you, know me in only one of my areas of business:  training, speaking, or  writing, so I wanted to share with you what else I've been up to over the past year. If I'm not conducting a workshop, I'm either writing, blogging, or developing speaking or training materials.

First of all, I met several wonderful people through speaking engagements this year. I spoke to a wide variety of groups including professional organizations, writing groups, and women's church retreats.

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary in Maui this year.  We scheduled our trip one day later than originally planned, so I could accommodate a speaking engagement.  We had a lovely time, and we both needed the break!  Just check out the lovely sunset from our first night in Maui. Gorgeous.

Of course, I conducted many training workshops throughout the year.  Topics this year included:
  • Communication:  Interpersonal, Written, Public Speaking
  • Leadership and Supervisory:  Coaching, Change, Conflict, Influencing, Situational Leadership, Problem Solving, Teamwork
  • Customer Service
  • Myers Briggs Type Indicator
  • Time Management
  • Train the Trainer
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
  • Veeva & iRep
I filmed several online training videos for Bigger Brains and am excited about what the future holds in this venture.

Near the end of the year, I attended the 2nd Christian Communicators Advanced Conference. I enjoyed, and taught a workshop, at the first Advanced conference in 2013, so I jumped at the opportunity to attend again as a participant rather than a speaker.

Last, but not least, my writing and photography appeared in two literary journals this year: moonShine review and The Petigru Review.

Please keep me in mind as you plan your events this year.  I would love to join you and share my knowledge and experiences.  For more information, check out my website.

What are your highlights  as you reflect on 2014?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Tone: Describing Your Characters

Character Development: Using the Johari Window

Should Christians Watch The Hunger Games?