© Barbara V Evers, All Rights Reserved
For that reason, I want my readers to know that I don't collect your data personally, but most blog sites capture the following personal data:
- Blog post comments data (name, email, IP)
- Traffic stats plugins/tools such as Google Analytics
- 3rd party hosted services such as Jetpack, Bloglovin’ and Disqus
- Email signup forms such as Mailchimp or FeedBurner
- Contact forms
- Issues relating to the location of your web host. E.g. data is transferred to servers outside the EU
- Mailchimp made it simple. If you regularly receive SCWA Greenville chapter emails from me , please watch for an email asking for your consent to receive those emails in the future. If you don't provide that consent, you won't receive the updates about our meetings.
- Blogger, I've been told is compliant since it doesn't send me your email and contact info when you comment on the blog.
I'm in the process of updating and revising the Eversworks site, so feel free to let me know your thoughts or suggestions on its layout, appearance, information, etc.
At this point, I've done all I know how to do.
What problems and/or solutions have you dealt with or considered in order to be compliant with GDPR?