Writer Word Count: A Big Fish Story?

Last week I talked about writers and their social media needs. To market yourself, you need that presence, a platform to help potential readers find you. Writing may be a creative art, but it’s also a business.

Besides marketing ourselves, we need to get BIC (butt in chair). Many authors gauge their success by their daily word count. In November, writers all over the world try to reach a very high word count in that month. To satisfy this NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) goal, they must write 50,000 words. That's not easy to do.

So, when I ran across this Fantasy Authors Handbook post yesterday, I knew I needed to share it here. To me, this sounds like the "fish that got away" story. The story is so wild, so unbelievable, I must question it.

So pop on over to the Fantasy Authors Handbook blog  and read about Lester Dent, the most prolific writer ever.

After you read it, let me know whether you believe it's accurate or just a big fish story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Tone: Describing Your Characters

Character Development: Using the Johari Window

Should Christians Watch The Hunger Games?