Introducing a Series of Interviews From Other Writers

Courtesy of pixabay.com
Yes, I disappeared for a few weeks.  Well...ok, a lot of weeks.  I apologize.  Summer became more of a challenge than anticipated.

Best Laid Plans

As many of you know, I'm raising two of my grandchildren. Since I'm self-employed, I can choose my work schedule to some degree.  The money I spent on summer programs for the kids in 2018 while I worked ended up costing me as much as the work that came my way. Most companies don't want to schedule training workshops for their employees during the typical vacation months.  With that in mind, this past summer I scheduled some weeks for work and some open to spend with the grands.

Unfortunately, everybody wanted training scheduled this summer.  I found myself wheeling and dealing with my calendar and hiring extra sitters to come to the house to cover the excess work.  Good for our income but not so much for my schedule.

Tough Decisions

Something had to go. I opted to let the blog lay fallow during that time and spend the time I had on writing my manuscript instead.  I'm back now.  School is in session, and hopefully, my spinning world will settle down.

This experience did teach me a lesson.  Be prepared with backups. 

An Opportunity For You

While I start writing more posts for this blog, I'm going to run a series of posts from other writers.

What does this mean for you?

If you are a writer--published or working on getting published--I would like to interview you for this blog.  If you're interested, please go to the bottom left corner of this post and click "No Comments" to leave me a comment with your name, email address, and a brief idea of what you write and where you are in the writing process.  Don't worry, comments on this blog do not automatically publish. I won't share your contact info with the world.

Who's interested?  Please share this other writers who might appreciate a little publicity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Tone: Describing Your Characters

Character Development: Using the Johari Window

Should Christians Watch The Hunger Games?